27.11.2011

Sign of life

Yes, I am still alive and so is this project.
But as you can see in my main blog I spent most of my spare time of the last months with hiking, so that there was not much time left for learning, practising and creating parts of Lhocmar.
This lack of time may be a negative aspect, but on the other side I am gathering a lot of impressions and inspiration on my tours that can be very useful for creating this new - perfect, because non-existing - reality.

I hope that the bad-weather-season will become more productive, though I would prefer that the weather won't be bad. ;-)

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi,
    more or less by accident I ended up here on your blog and I'm really fascinated by your very ambitious project to create the "perfect" because abstract world.
    I hope that you're still on it because the last "sign of live" is quite a while ago.

    I think one difficult point could be to find the balance between virtuality and abstraction. Because virtuality means that you need a certain level of immersion to get the feeling of "perfect reality". On the other side you need to focus on the really main topics of a landscape to come close to your idea of a perfect world by abstract the reality.
    I hope I'm not misguided and missed your idea with my thoughts.

    I hope you will go on with your journey and I'm really looking forward to read your next thoughts to Lhocmar.

    Best Regards,

    Bene

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much for ending up here and your excellent comment! :-)
      You nailed it. It's very important not to exaggerate the level of idealisation/abstraction. The result would be a too kitschy fantasy world.

      The project is still alive and I am thinking a lot about it, but hiking is a rather time-consuming hobby... ;-)
      Therefore improvement of necessary skills and progress of presentable results are still pretty slow.

      But comments like yours are a fantastic motivation, so I will definitely stay on this project. :-)

      Löschen